5kW all-in-one Hybrid PV system with battery back-up for residential applications
From R215k incl vat and installation
Produce your own electricity at an average of less than R1/kWh versus Eskom’s current R2/kWh – and hedge your costs at that price over the next 15-20 years
Switching to solar and getting off the grid step-by-step is a no-brainer and the very best move you can make to save on your electricity bill AND become more self-sufficient.
- 5kW hybrid inverter
- 16 x 330W solar panels
- 5,2kW peak per hour generating an average of 25kWh per day for self-consumption and battery charging (if discharged for back-up purposes).
- 2 x 5,73kWh Lithium batteries, providing 10kWh of back-up which means you can also save around 70% of your night-time electricity usage, in addition to all your day-time saving.
- 5-Year Inverter Warranty
- 10-Year Battery Warranty
- UPS ability – provides back-up in power outages (if batteries are installed)
- Includes all AC and DC protection, surge protection and cabling
- 24/7 Remote Monitoring
- The batteries are geared for a massive 10 000 cycles at a cost of R1/kWh or less, which is less than half the cost of buying your electricity from the Eskom grid.
- Lithium iron phosphate battery, the safest chemistry of all lithium battery types and the best lifespan features in the market.
- German design, superb performance – 4000+ units installed in Germany and 4500+ units in Australia
- Elegant and Slim design takes little space
(* Pricing subject to site assessment and need analysis. Pricing valid until 31 August 2019 or while stocks last.)
Food for thought
The SMILE 5 Hybrid with battery back-up gives you the ability to produce your electricity at around half the cost of what you are paying Eskom for the same. And that’s at today’s Eskom price! Consider what you will be paying for the next 3-5 years with annual combined Eskom and municipal escalations of at least 15-20%, compounded year-on-year.
This year, you’re paying R400 more on a R2000 bill, next year that’s R880 more than this year, in the third year it’s R1 456 more. Keep doing those sums for the next 10 years – it’s entirely unaffordable and unsustainable.
With your own Smile-5 hybrid solar PV system with battery back-up, you will hedge your electricity costs for the next 15-20 years at R1/kWh.
Here’s how it works:
- Daily electricity available with Smile-5 if battery is discharged once per day = 5,2 kW
- Total cycles in battery lifetime = 10 000
- Cost of battery = R52k
- Total electricity produced over lifetime = 52 000 W
- Average cost per kW = R1.00
This is PHENOMENAL if compared to the current domestic cost of electricity of over R2.00 per kW in most municipal areas. It makes more sense to charge these batteries during the day and use a substantial portion of the available power during night at a MUCH lower rate than Eskom power. (Just remember to retain 30% to 40% as a reserve in case of a power outage or load-shedding – your One Energy installer will set this all up for you.)
Remember, as of 1 July, all municipalities also implement their price increases on top of Eskom’s most recent hikes, which means you will be paying anywhere between 15-20% more on your electricity account from this month.