COMMERCIAL LOW ENERGY LIGHTING & LED LIGHTING
INTRODUCTION: LED LIGHTING
- Growing imperative to save energy due to rising costs.
- Lighting presents an easy, relatively low cost savings opportunity.
- Efficient lighting offers the second easiest target for savings after hot water in the residential sector.
- It is a significant area for savings in most commercial operations.
- Seen as the “right” thing to do – can form part of corporate social responsibility programme.
GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS: LED
- Lower maintenance.
- Longer lifespan.
- Far lower wattage per lumen far more lux per watt (lux = lumens per meter squared).
- More choices of colour temperature for different applications.
- Better colour rendering (CRI) which is important for retail industries and special effect lighting.
- Lighting can be specified for the type of industry and different manufacturing environments.
THE MOST COMPELLING REASONS FOR INSTALLING LOW ENERGY LIGHTING
- Any home that has not already installed LED’s is wasting money!
- Any business that has not already installed LED’s is wasting money!
- New buildings have to use LED’s to comply with the watt per square meter allowances